Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Book Every Christian Should Read

+JMJ+

I am re-reading Romano Guardini's beautiful book, The Lord.  I discovered it while I was in the convent, and it was a book I returned to over and over again.  As an indication of how great a masterpiece it is, the book, originally published in 1954, is still in print and available for purchase on Amazon.

Actually a series of homilies that Guardini gave to his congregation, reading it leads you right into prayer:  he will say something very beautiful or profound about Jesus, and you can't help but put the book down to spend some time adoring and loving Him.

In a chapter I just read a couple of days ago, he quoted John the Baptist: " "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"  Were more beautiful words ever spoken?  I don't think so.  I have been unable to move on, because I just can't stop meditating on this overwhelming and deeply moving sentence!  I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves Christ and wants to be closer to Him.  +

No comments: